Things are getting a little more negative on the Obama campaign. Not the campaign itself, but the media's interpretation. I think it's fair though, and even though I don't always agree, it makes you take a step back from the pandamonium of the whole Obama candidacy.

I think I like this article from The Economist the best. It doesn't disqualify him, but does give him a critique, which I think is a good thing. We can't have a proper 'democracy' without discussion; this much is true [although public discourse in this nation has been hurt in the past couple decades due to mainstream media's ill-attempts at objective coverage on both sides, but especially "fair and balanced" stations that skew so much to the right, it's laughable].

This is my take: Obama is not perfect. He is not the messiah and whether he is in office a year from now won't change the fact that this country is in a bad place. Things will not change overnight, and he may do things that not all liberals or all people will agree with, but I do think he will do what he thinks is best for the nation and not just himself. I think he will lead with courage and grace and that he will try to mend the broken, ill-will of colleagues on Capitol Hill. I don't think he can even come too close to balancing the budget in four years after the trillions of dollars in debt we are in. The Presidency will be tough, but I think he's tough enough to deal with it. I also think it will be more difficult than most people are taking it.

He has a solid lead right now, and if he can keep it up, than it's good to go, but he has to stay aware and he has to start turning on the power of policy. He can't get too excited. I find it interesting that he seems to be making less friends in the senate than some. Even the divisive Ms. Clinton is on good terms with McCain, whereas Obama doesn't seem to be friendly with either.

Heads up. Hearts out.



Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments