I went to Bumbershoot and it was a lot of fun. Three days full of good music and wandering around the Seattle Center, smelling good foods and looking through fun "shops" and feeling cool.

So, here is one picture for every show I saw. If you want me to upload more pictures of a specific artist, feel free to ask. I will try my best. You can also check out this Flickr group.

Saturday, Aug. 29.
New Faces -- My friend is from the same town as these guys, and she was friends with the lead. This band is surprisingly young, but make fun, rambunctious rock to dance to. One of my favorite new finds.


I would have seen Barcelona if I had noticed. :(!

Lucinda Williams


Thao and the Get Down Stay Down -- One of my favorite artists, and I love her live shows. It's just energetic, and she was funny and talented.


Band of Horses -- HIGHLIGHT. They were just really good live, and there was a cute proposal. Being in the middle of a big crowd when you're my height isn't ideal, but it was still a great show.


M. Ward -- Yes, I missed Beck for M. Ward. But it was worth it. When the wind brushed the trees nearby, it added this amazing element to M. Ward's music. It was like falling in love over and over.


Sunday, Aug. 31.
Tyrone Wells -- The friend I went with this day knew him, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


I would have seen The Blakes in this spot, but I couldn't find it in time. I have a bad sense of direction and got separated from my people.

T.I. -- We just dropped by for a couple songs [and to refill our water].


Howling Rain -- Another "we were there" band. I'm sad I missed The Shackeltons who played before them.


The Whigs


Jakob Dylan -- Yes, please.


Ingrid Michaelson -- One of my favorite shows! She is just too witty and cute and funny. Seriously. And her music is pretty and fun and love.


Tapes 'n Tapes


MONDAY, SEPT. 01.
The Noise (with Smoosh) -- They replaced Chester French, who I really wanted to see (but knew they cancelled). The Noise were pretty good, and it was a pleasant surprise to see Smoosh there. See below for their fun stage antics!



Kristen Ward -- She replaced Joshua Morrison last minutes and I didn't know, so I saw her on accident. It was a good acoustic set.


The Physics -- One of the random shows I saw a snippit of. I am very glad I found them because Northwest Rap makes me so happy, especially their shows.


Langhorne Slim and the War Eagles -- One of my favorites of this festival. They were incredible live, and the crowd was one of my favorites too.


Bedouin Soundclash -- My friend knew them, and they were really good. A raegge/rock hybrid, sort of? And the lead is incredibly attractive


X Levitation Cult -- I don't recommend them. We were just resting at that stage.


Arthur and Yu


Death Cab closing out an amazing festival.


NON-MUSIC
Strange Fruit was a performance group who leaned and balanced on a stick in clown garb. It was quite an impressive sight.



The Noise had some friends join their performance.


0 comments