I was going to switch over to a different blog with a friend. Maybe I still will, but I read this article and had to write something.

I've learned that this election is about the heart of America. It's about the young people who are losing hope and the old people who have been forgotten. It's about those who have worked all their lives and never fully realized the promise of America, but see that promise for their grandchildren in Barack Obama. The poor see a chance, when they often have few. I saw hope in the eyes and faces in those doorways. source

I often roll my eyes at Obama's use of "change" and "hope" but this one article by an independent, white, middle-aged male voter is starting to resonate. As much as this politico is skeptical about this newfound political climate, maybe this inspiration and hope will fundamentally change the way some people see the political process, learn more and stay involved beyond November 4th. Often many of these new politically active only have a loose grip on the issues and care much more about character than policies, but they're not mutually exclusive.

Just about a day and a half left before this will be over [and about a week before the counting will be about over].

I'm still skeptical about "change" because hearing incumbents use that term is a bit insincere. It's not about change, it's about progressing this nation, it's about specific ideas and world views, but those are too long to fit on a bumbersticker sometimes. It also works better.

0 comments