I was there. The Dalai Lama is in Seattle for five days and doing speaking events for Seeds of Compassion and I went to one of the events. It was very cool to hear him talk. Read the article, it outlines the talk well. I would post pictures, but no cameras allowed and my cell phone pictures weren't very good.

Apparently Obama is in hot water about his "You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them... And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." He gets more criticism on his "misspeaks" than Clinton does, maybe the Clinton machine is just better at exploiting it. I don't know, and I don't really disagree with his statement as a whole. People in small towns that are anti-gun control and religious will, of course. Hopefully let's not let the backlash take over this time.

I guess I just see it as so sensationalized and ridiculous. I don't watch much media much at school, so I'm not being bombarded and it's not all around. It's not a big deal to me, and it shouldn't be to others. The media has twisted his words slightly. Then there's Clinton who is now saying she's a gun-toting, God fearing lady. [She's for gun control.]

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the presidential candidates didn't think they were better than the people they're running for. Why think you can be president if you're just like a normal citizen? I hate the games and the ploy of running for office. And I hate it even more when they insult and degrade another candidate for standing up a little bit for their opinions and truth.

0 comments